Friday, January 02, 2009

My TV Resolutions

Now that 2009 is here I think it's time to look back at what's been accomplished in 2008 and forward to what I'm hoping to achieve in the new year.

In 2008 I caught up on, rewatched or enjoyed the whole of:
- Angel
- Firefly
- Sex and the City
- Dexter (seasons 1 & 2)
- Freaks & Geeks
- Undeclared
- The OC
- My Boys
- Flight of the Conchords
- Felicity
- Grosse Pointe
- Life As We Know It
- Popular
- Dirty Sexy Money
- Spin City
- Big Brother season 2
- Project Runway season 3
- Breaking Bad
and
- Wonderfalls

In 2009, I hope to finally conquer:
- Damages
- Chuck
- Battlestar Gallactica
- The Tudors
- Commander in Chief
- Dead Like Me
- Big Love
- Huff
- Bones
and
- The Sopranos

and rewatch and finish:
- Weeds
- Scrubs
- Alias
- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- Eli Stone
- Boston Legal
- The New Adventures of Old Christine
- The Rules of Engagement
and
- Jack & Bobby

Oh, and I'm going to force Rachael to watch:
- The West Wing
- Life As We Know It
- Popular
- Slings & Arrows
and many more...

5 comments:

Dorv said...

I look forward to reading your stuff on BSG. Its probably my favorite show on TV today. I also LOVE Bones (though I didn't realize how much I did until late in the first season).

However, I was not a big fan of Commander in Chief (I'm pretty sure I saw the whole run, but not 100%). It wasn't that I didn't buy Gina Davis as a President, its that I didn't buy her character, McKenzie Allen, as POTUS. I always thought the writing on the show was a bit rough as well, and that was disapointing coming from that team.

Damages is one of those that I'm thinking of picking up on DVD... I'll now wait to see what you think ;)

What did you think of Wonderfalls? That's a show that hasn't held up that well for me. I was a huge fan when it came on, torrented all the unaired episodes when it was cancelled, and bought the DVDs the first day. But I tried to rewatch it this year, and couldn't get through the first disc.

Rachel will watch TWW and like it ;)

Kelly said...

I doubt Ill be able to catch up on BSG in time to watch the final season as it airs but Im sure Rachael (a big fan of the show) will be more than willing to review it every week for you. She's also a huge Bones fan, so expect a lot on that front as well.

I bought Commander in Chief for a steal at this great second hand dvd place in Toronto but when it took me 2 days just to get through the first episode. I'm not too eager to watch the rest but I'll suffer through it just for the sake of saying I did. Your review doesn't serve as much motivation though.

Im 2 episodes into damages and find it good but not hugely engrossing, we'll see if that changes as I get to know the characters.

I loved Wonderfalls when I watched it but havn't rewatched at all. It struck me as a Veronica Mars meets Joan of Arcadia meets Pushing Daisies kind of show, and Ill watch anything with Lee Pace.

She has good taste, she HAS to like TWW.

Do you have TV resolutions?

Dorv said...

I don't have resolutions as much as I have hopes. I think what I might do is put together something and send it to Keith and Debbie and see what they say. I don't know if there's enough there, but lets see...

Dorv said...

What I mean is that I have hopes for what other TV people's resolutions are.

Kelly said...

this site is always looking for guest writers as well. if you'd like to apply send a review or column to mytvpodcast@gmail.com