Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Prince Charmless

I have to go call my brother. I need to talk to my dad and my best friend and my favourite cousin and my highschool crush and the guy who used to live next door, because they need to remind me that I generally believe that men aren't jerks- something Jason Mesnik has managed to make me forget. 

Last night's finale of The Bachelor made me so mad and sad and disillusioned that I don't even really know what to say.

Basically, the so-called Mr. Nice Guy Bachelor broke the heart of the girl I really didn't like and proposed to the girl I thought was awesome. Then, in a cruel twist, turned around and dumped the lovely Melissa on national television to beg for smarmy Molly back. And she actually said yes! It wasn't just a sad day for Melissa; it was sad for the reputation of men everywhere, for the self-respect of women and even for host Chris Harrison who had to navigate incredibly tricky waters in last night's "After the Final Rose" special. 

Ew Ew Ew Ew Ew

No comments: