Friday, August 07, 2009

My Newest Obsession: a cure for my stupider obsessions

If you are, like me, a low life who can think of no better way to occupy their summer than to watch hours and hours of mindless TV, may I recommend that you try and take in a little reality check each week.

The Soup is the perfect foil to the hours of reality TV and soapy summer dramas that I watch a week. Host Joel McHale is more than happy to point out the ridiculousness of this brand of summer TV, and in doing so pokes fun at his own audience (after all, to get the comedy in his references you have to be not just someone who enjoys making fun of low brow entertainment but someone who watches it in the first place).

Watch, laugh, and feel a little better about your entertainment choices. At least now you're in on the joke.

No comments: