- Aaron Paul for the WIN!!! I think perhaps that this was the year Terry O'Quinn really deserved it but the Breaking Bad supporting actor is so brilliant so consistently that I'm incredibly glad he won. I've loved him for years- so yay!
- Tina Fey's dress. I love it when the queen of awkward is the most gorgeous person at the show.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson cries when his screen partner Eric Stonestreet wins best supporting actor in a comedy. But will Neil Patrick Harris EVER win?!
- Jim Parsons wins best actor in a comedy. Hells Yes!
- The Amazing Race is unseated by Top Chef. The enjoyable but repetitive race that has won every year the category has existed had a good season but not nearly as good as the awesomeness that was the Voltaggio season of Top Chef. Finally a truly great reality show wins the category!
- Connie Britton and Kyle Chandler. They didn't win, but they were there! Which is in itself a step in the right direction (though I adamantly believe that Connie should have had it, she didn't even lose to front-runner Julianna Margulies or superstar Glenn Close!)
- Archie Panjabi wins for best supporting actress in a drama for The Good Wife. Who'da thunk?! I like her character but don't think that it's a tough enough part to play to deserve the award. I would have gone with Christina Hendricks.
- Jimmy's short but sweet musical intros to the categories of comedy, drama, reality, variety and miniseries were funny but not time-wasty and made good use of icons from each genre.
- George Clooney gives a lovely speech while accepting a humanitarian award. I really do love him.
- Mad Men wins best drama AGAIN. Ugh. Can we PLEASE try and branch out next year Emmy voters? There are other things out there.
- Modern Family wins best comedy. The nominations were disappointing (no Cougar Town?! no Community?! no How I Met Your Mother?!) but this was DEFINITELY the most deserving nominee.
BEST QUOTES OF THE NIGHT
"The island, it was mystical and in the end they died. I didn't understand it, but I tried" - host Jimmy Fallon (in a musical tribute to Lost to the tune of "Time of Your Life" by Green Day)
"Mel Gibson, I'm not gonna have a go at him, he's been through a lot. Not as much as the jews!" -presenter Ricky Gervais
“NBC asking the host of Late Night to come to LA to host a different show, what could possibly go wrong?” (Cameras cut to Conan) “Too soon?” - Jimmy Fallon