Saturday, February 21, 2009

My TV Question of the Day

Should Shonda Rhimes be Fired?

Consistently, Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice are among the most disappointing shows on the air. The only characters with interesting development belong to actors who are clearly pulling more than their fair weight, the stories are repetitive and uninteresting, the dialogue contrived and the sets rife with discontent. 

I love TV. I love writers. And there are thousands of writers out there who dream of even the smallest bit of Shonda's success. So why does so much power and and creative freedom belong to a writer without much to offer? 

I've devoted more hours than I can count to the TV shows of Shonda Rhimes, and keep coming up underwhelmed. So isn't it about time for a change of regime?

No comments: